Grandmaster is a term that refers to the player who has the most Metanet 0ths. There have been 8 grandmasters of N as of December 2012, and the title has changed hands approximately 13 times over 10 years. The first N grandmaster was tktktk, who held the title for 128 days before trib4lmaniac asserted his highscoring dominance in 2004. The elusive title has been held by (in chronological order) tktktk, kaellstar, trib4lmaniac, johnny_faneca, Mr_Lim, xaelar, vankusss and, since April 12, 2012, EddyMataGallos.
Being an N grandmaster is considered to be the most prestigious title that can be earned by a player. The two most famous rivalries are generally considered to be between trib4lmaniac and johnny_faneca, who purportedly traded the coveted overall 0th position five times in less than a year; and the other major rivalry being between xaelar and vankusss, who have traded the position at least four times, with the gap being consistently narrow. The fourth occurrence was when Eddy was taking all of van's 0ths to take grandmaster spot for himself, while at the same time, Last_FairyTail's scores were revealed to actually be xaelar's. (The combined effect of this was that xaelar regained 0th spot with 135 0ths when vankusss and Eddy both had 134 0ths each at the same time. That lasted about two hours before Eddy secured the grandmaster spot; however, one could argue that since Last_FairyTail was xaelar all along, there was no effective change in actual standings, aside from when Eddy took the lead.)
Grandmaster facts as of April 5, 2016:Edit
- The current grandmaster is EddyMataGallos with 485 0ths, and he has a 0th lead of 380 over the 1st-place 0th holder, macrohenry.
- The longest consecutive amount of time as grandmaster is EddyMataGallos with 1521+ days.
- The longest cumulative time spent as the grandmaster is EddyMataGallos with 1521+ days.
- The most amount of 0ths ever held at one time by a player is EddyMataGallos with 485 0ths.
- The first grandmaster to reach 70,000 Total Game Score was johnny_faneca.
- The first grandmaster to reach 71,000 Total Game Score was Mr_Lim.
- The first of only two grandmasters to reach 71,500 Total Game Score was xaelar, followed by Eddy.
- The first and only grandmaster to reach 72,000 Total Game Score was EddyMataGallos on July 4, 2014. (macrohenry has also reached all of the aforementioned milestones, but he has never been a grandmaster.)
- The grandmaster spot has reportedly changed hands a total of 13 times.
- It is believed that former grandmaster trib4lmaniac coined the term 'grandmaster', before ska brought the term into popular use several years later.